Video to help young children understand commemorations
ABC Playschool has a very good Anzac Day skit for young children with Auslan interpretation that you can access here: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1463660150461986
Learning the Ode
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Making a wreath for your house or gate
We remember those who have given their lives, or their physical or mental health to serve their country.
Photo supplied by Sue & Greg Mottley (former Army personnel)
To see the video and get more ideas, visit https://www.facebook.com/smallhandsearlylearning/posts/487918499522432?notif_id=1648886162371801¬if_t=page_photo_tag&ref=notif
We love ‘What Will I See On Anzac Day?‘ by Emily Elizabeth. It has beautiful illustrations and is written by a highly experienced early childhood education and inclusive education consultant.
- ‘Waiting for Daddy’ Auslan Keyword Sign lessons for the eBook
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- planned eBooks with targeted ages (still being created and trialled)
- new eBooks (take a sneaky peek inside)
- a makeover of our older eBooks (take a sneaky peek)
- children’s resources
- academic and policymaker resources
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC