Our local musician, Massiel Barros-Torning has written a song, especially for our project called ‘We Remember’. It accompanies one of our eBooks that are being created for our programs for parents and educators who support children from defence families.
Watch and listen to Massiel’s song here: We Remember and enjoy the beautiful fabric artwork of our Armidale children’s storyteller, Helen Evans.
Alternatively, you can hear the studio recording here:
Album cover design by Stephen Dobson
Downloadable lyrics and chords
The words and guitar and piano keyboard chords can be found here: Chords-and-Lyrics-We-Remember-by-Massiel
We have released an eBook called ‘We Remember: Australia’s story’ that explores some of the themes of Remembrance Day and Anzac Day. You can download the book and accompanying educational activities for free by visiting this page.
Explore other resources:
- children’s resources
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- resources for children whose parents have given their health (e.g. veterans or current members)
- Auslan Keyword Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- academic and policymaker resources
- new resource module suites for children, parents, educators and family/social workers (under evaluation)
New resources being created:
- eBooks, digital interactives and activity books list and age groups
- eBooks (a peek inside)
- a makeover of our old eBooks (a peek inside)
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC