Skip to content
- Entry is open to anyone until 1st April 2021. Anyone living in Australia or any Australian living overseas is welcome to apply.
- Work needs to be original and not a copy or an interpretation of other people’s work. This means adults cannot write for children. If a child tells you something to write, you can scribe for them, but not create the verse for them.
- Verses cannot include names real people but you can say words like ‘Dad, Grandma, Pop, Mum, Sister’.
- Each entry needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and: a) have the completed entry form within the email, and contain b) only one verse in the email (not an attachment).
- You can enter as many times as you like, but each entry must be emailed separately with the entry form information and the verse within the email. You can enter more than once for each category or enter up to two different categories.
- All entries will become the property of the project research team and may, or may not be used in free online eBooks, media engagements, social media releases, web pages, publications, presentations etc. The artist’s first name and age (if it is a child) will be used as a caption to acknowledge the artist.
- Only entries that win a category will be contacted via email. Winners will be announced on Anzac Day, 2021 Winners will be listed on the website using first name and age e.g. Sam(Aged 4), Hannah (Adult).
- Judges decisions are final and will not be open for debate.
- The total available prize money is $150 AUD, but only $50AUD in each category. Group entries still only receive $50AUD, but small groups can request vouchers of different values e.g. 2 x $25AUD voucher when it is appropriate.