D is for deployment: Ann raps it up
This book is for slightly older children and explores the language of deployment through the eyes of Ann, a preschooler. Ann experiences her the various stages of her father’s deployment: before deployment, during deployment, the reunion and the time after deployment. Ann experiences many different challenges, emotional highs and lows and ways she can keep in touch with her father when he is away. She also learns about some of the different jobs people do on deployment.
The readers are guided by these 4 lovable characters who teach emotional skills and resilience.
The book will be available as a:
- static eBook (downloadable and printable) with read-along audio and video recording
- interactive eBook (like in the preview linked below) that has the book and interactive educational activities
D is for deployment (click on this link to see a preview of some of the activities in the interactive)
- Song competition information
- give us ideas for the programs and resources (we would love to hear from parents, educators and family workers)
Free research-based resources for download for:
- parents and carers,
- educators, family workers, and
- Auslan Keyword signing resources and lessons (for those with a disability, communication or language delays)
- academics and policymakers.
Planned eBook, interactive digital resources and activity books that are currently being created can be seen here:
- list of new eBooks with targetted age groups indicated
- some of our old eBooks with a new makeover
- planned program module topics for parents and educators
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC