You can scroll down to download the book and accompanying educational resources.
You can look at the target age groups of all our planned eBooks here.
D is for deployment: Ann raps it up
This book is for slightly older children and explores the language of deployment through the eyes of Ann, a preschooler. Ann experiences the various stages of her father’s deployment: before deployment, during deployment, the reunion and the time after deployment. Ann experiences many different challenges, emotional highs and lows and ways she can keep in touch with her father when he is away. She also learns about some of the different jobs people do on deployment.
The readers are guided by these 4 lovable characters who teach emotional skills and resilience.
Some of these resources can be found below. To access all of these resources, please visit the Children’s Resource Modules.
You can download these free resources:
- eBook: D is for Deployment: Ann raps it up
- Accompanying Educational Activities (including puzzles, puppets, matching games, card games, board games, sight words, sequencing and storytelling activities)
- Audio read-along version Audio Player
- Key Word Sign read-along version (using key Auslan signs)
- Template to create a personalised version of the book when Mum (1) or Dad (2) works away. D is for Deployment personalised activity book version 1 and D is for Deployment personalised activity book version 2 (Instructions can be found in our Children’s modules).
- Commercially printed book All eBooks, interactive eBooks, downloadable (printable) versions of the book and teaching materials are free due to our wonderful funders. You can also order (and pay for) commercial, professionally printed books (details to come).
Desperately seeking feedback
Thanks for test-driving our Early Childhood Defence Program project resources.
We desperately need feedback so that we can:
- improve our resources,
- let our funders know if the resources are effective, or need improving, and
- apply for further funding to produce more resources to support children and families.
This survey should only take about 5 minutes. We really appreciate your time.
Other books in this series
Free research-based resources for download for:
- parents and carers,
- educators, family workers, and
- Auslan Keyword signing resources and lessons (for those with a disability, communication or language delays)
- academics and policymakers.
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC