‘What do you do when you miss your parent? Rachael’s Story’ is a sister book to ‘Where is work? Harry’s Story’, literally. Harry’s twin sister, Rachael follows the families in Harry’s book. She looks at how the children in the family feel when their parents work away.
Rachael also explores ways the children cope and keep themselves busy. She looks at how the children communicate with the parent is away and how they keep the relationship fresh, despite the distances involved.
The book will be illustrated by Tanya Cooper, whose work is very unique.
- Song competition information
- give us ideas for the programs and resources (we would love to hear from parents, educators and family workers)
Explore other resources:
- children’s resources
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- Auslan Keyword Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- academic and policymaker resources
New resources being created:
- eBooks, digital interactives and activity books list and age groups
- eBooks (a peek inside)
- a makeover of our old eBooks (a peek inside)
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC