‘Where is Work? Harry’s Story’ is a book that examines the different types of work parents engage in when they work away (or work very long hours). It includes families where parents work away in the:
- mining sector
- natural gas sector
- transport industry
- medical field
- primary industries sector
- defence forces
- tourism sector, and
- emergency services.
‘Where is work? Harry’s Story shows children that work means different things for different families and that each family finds unique ways to feel comforted and connected during this time apart. It’s an important message for children with a parent working away’.
The illustrations are by Tanya Cooper who is an Armidale based graphic artist.
The book will be illustrated by Tanya Cooper whose work is fun and fresh.
The book will be available as a downloadable and printable PDF as part of the programs.
- Song competition information
- give us ideas for the programs and resources (we would love to hear from parents, educators and family workers)
Explore other resources:
- children’s resources
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- Auslan Keyword Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- academic and policymaker resources
New resources being created:
- eBooks, digital interactives and activity books list and age groups
- eBooks (a peek inside)
- a makeover of our old eBooks (a peek inside)
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC