Who doesn’t love a makeover?
‘Now that I am big: Anthony’s story’ is having a makeover. The original eBook on the Defence Community Organisation website (http://www.defence.gov.au/DCO/_Master/documents/Books/Anthonys-Story.pdf) will have a new digitised look and be:
- available as a digitised eBook for download and for printing
- made into an interactive eBook with educational games and activities
- have an audio and video recording of the book being read
- have an Auslan Keyword Signing video reading and accompanying lessons of the book (so children, parents and educators can learn the Keyword signs that is important for those with hearing impairment, disability and language delays).
You can look at the target age groups of all our planned eBooks here.
The 3 adorable Defence Dogs will tell the story. These characters, designed by Trish Donald, tell the story and promote emotional understanding and resilience.
The story explores some of the strategies Anthony uses to help him when he is missing his father. He also explains how he helps his mother and sister as they are missing his father too. ‘Now that I am big’ looks at some of the emotional responses children have to a parent working away, including the way they push away from the parent in order to protect themselves. Here is a sneaky peek at the new look eBook:
- Art and craft competition
- give us ideas for the programs and resources (we would love to hear from parents, educators and family workers)
Explore other resources:
- children’s resources
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- Auslan Keyword Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- academic and policymaker resources
New resources being created:
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC