You can scroll down to download the book and accompanying educational resources.
Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip
This book is for the youngest children. It uses 4 lovable characters, designed by Trish Donald, to help guide the readers through the story and helps to teach the children emotional understanding and develop resilience.
The story follows Mary’s adventures as she experiences family life within a military family. This book promotes language learning and understanding of some of the transitions and events in children’s life when they are part of a defence family.
You can download these free resources:
- eBook: Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip
- Accompanying Educational Activities (including puzzles, puppets, matching games, card games, board games, sight words, sequencing and storytelling activities)
- Audio read-along version Audio Player Audio Player
- Key Word Sign read-along version (using key Auslan signs)
- Template to create a personalised version of the book when Dad (1) or Mum (2) are working away.
- All eBooks, downloadable versions of the book and online educational materials are free. You can also order a commercial, professionally printed:
- A4 tough book (wire coil bound – slightly smaller than an A4),
- A5 tough book (wire coil bound – half the size of an A4),
- A3 Big Book paperback for teaching groups of children (wire coil bound – twice the size of A4), and
- hard card stock Educational Activities pack (looseleaf).
You are not paying for author royalties, illustrators, graphic designers or technicians. You are paying for a commercial printery (Fuji Xerox Australia) to do on-demand printing, a commercial bookstore (UNE Life Campus Books) to process and pack the online order, Australia Post, a $2 donation to Legacy Australia, and $2-3 for the ECDP project to host their website and continue to provide revisions and updates to the materials, and new resources. The postage and handling is a $14 flat fee for as many books and teaching materials as you like via regular post (so, think about ordering with friends, your organisation, your early childhood service or school). Express Post and International Postage is calculated by weight. Once you click on the link, scroll down to the advanced search, then search by typing ‘Defence’ into the ‘Title’ bar or the name of the particular book you are after.
Constructive feedback welcome
Please contact us with any constructive feedback about these resources because we are still evaluating them.
Other books in this series
Free research-based resources for download for:
- parents and carers,
- educators, family workers, and
- Auslan Keyword signing resources and lessons (for those with a disability, communication or language delays)
- academics and policymakers.
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC