Here is a sneaky peek at two of our new digitised eBooks. Both of these books will be:
- available as a digitised eBook for download and for printing
- made into an interactive eBook with educational games and activities
- have an audio and video recording of the book being read
- have an Auslan Keyword Signing video reading and accompanying lessons of the book (so children, parents and educators can learn the Keyword signs that is important for those with hearing impairment, disability and language delays).
You can look at the target age groups of all our planned eBooks here.
Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip
This book is for the youngest children. It uses 4 lovable characters, designed by Trish Donald, to help guide the readers through the story and helps to teach the children emotional understanding and develop resilience.
The story follows Mary’s adventures as she experiences family life within a military family. This book promotes language learning and understanding of some of the transitions and events in children’s life when they are part of a defence family.
The book will be available as a:
- static eBook (downloadable and printable) with read-along audio and video recording
- interactive eBook (like in the preview linked below) that has the book and interactive educational activities
Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip (click on this link to see a preview of some of the activities in the interactive)
- Song competition information
- give us ideas for the programs and resources (we would love to hear from parents, educators and family workers)
Free research-based resources for download for:
- parents and carers,
- educators, family workers, and
- Auslan Keyword signing resources and lessons (for those with a disability, communication or language delays)
- academics and policymakers.
Planned eBook, interactive digital resources and activity books that are currently being created can be seen here:
- list of new eBooks with targetted age groups indicated
- some of our old eBooks with a new makeover
- planned program module topics for parents and educators
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC