You can scroll down to download the book and accompanying educational resources.
Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip
This book is for the youngest children. It uses 4 lovable characters, designed by Trish Donald, to help guide the readers through the story and helps to teach the children emotional understanding and develop resilience.
The story follows Mary’s adventures as she experiences family life within a military family. This book promotes language learning and understanding of some of the transitions and events in children’s life when they are part of a defence family.
Some of these resources can be found below. To access all of these resources, please visit the Children’s Resource Modules.
You can download these free resources:
- eBook: Mary’s Alphabet Slippery Dip
- Accompanying Educational Activities (including puzzles, puppets, matching games, card games, board games, sight words, sequencing and storytelling activities)
- Audio read-along version Audio Player Audio Player
- Key Word Sign read-along version (using key Auslan signs)
- Template to create a personalised version of the book when Dad (1) or Mum (2) are working away.Marys Alphabet Slippery-Dip personalised book version 1 and Marys Alphabet Slippery-Dip personalised book version 2 (Instructions can be found in our Children’s modules).
- Commercially printed book All eBooks, interactive eBooks, downloadable (printable) versions of the book and teaching materials are free due to our wonderful funders. You can also order (and pay for) commercial, professionally printed books (details to come).
- Interactive app: (requires constant internet) for children to get the most out of the interactive app, they need to be very familiar with the story. After that, they can engage with just a few pages of the app at a time.
Desperately seeking feedback
Thanks for test-driving our Early Childhood Defence Program project resources.
We desperately need feedback so that we can:
- improve our resources,
- let our funders know if the resources are effective, or need improving, and
- apply for further funding to produce more resources to support children and families.
This survey should only take about 5 minutes. We really appreciate your time.
Other books in this series
Free research-based resources for download for:
- parents and carers,
- educators, family workers, and
- Auslan Keyword signing resources and lessons (for those with a disability, communication or language delays)
- academics and policymakers.
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC