‘Nathan’s story’ looks at the changes that occur in his home when his mother returns home with PTSD.
The story uses graphically designed characters to explain the changes that happen when a parent returns home with mental health problems or develops them at a later stage.
It explores those who are trying to be helpful and those who are able to explain what is happening.
The book examines stigma and the challenges of how to explain the health condition to others.
Nathan learns about the condition and the team effort that is required to support her mother at this challenging time for the family.
Nathan learns about what will stay the same and what will be different and what he can do to adapt to the changes. It’s a bumpy ride!
N.B. This book is not for families who have not experienced these issues.
Explore other resources:
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- Auslan Keyword Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- planned educator and parent program module topics
- academic and policymaker resources
New resources being created:
- eBooks, digital interactives and activity books list and age groups
- eBooks (a peek inside)
- a makeover of our old eBooks (a peek inside)
- planned program module topics for parents and educators
- when a parent has given their health
- when a parent gives their physical health in service
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC