You can scroll down to download the book and accompanying educational resources.
T is for Training: Rosie raps it up
‘T is for Training’ is similar to ‘D is for Deployment’, but the story is told through the eyes of Rosie, who has a mother in the Airforce. In this book, however, we explore the concepts of parents going away for shorter bursts of time for training or work-ups. Developing a shared language can improve children’s understanding of transitions in the household. The book explores some of the emotional and social responses children have to a parent working away. It also looks at ways to build resilience as they adapt to change.
Rosie also learns about the many different jobs people learn to do when they are away on training. The readers are guided by these 4 lovable characters who teach emotional skills and resilience.
Some of these resources can be found below. To access all of these resources, please visit the Children’s Resource Modules.
You can download these free resources:
- eBook: T is for Training: Rosies Story
- Accompanying Educational Activities (including puzzles, puppets, matching games, card games, board games, sight words, sequencing and storytelling activities)
- Audio read-along version Audio Player
- Key Word Sign read-along version (using key Auslan signs)
- Template to make a personalised version of the book when Mum (1) or Dad (2) works away. T is for Training Personalised 1 and T is for Training Personalised 2. (Instructions can be found in our Children’s modules).
- Commercially printed book All eBooks, interactive eBooks, downloadable (printable) versions of the book and teaching materials are free due to our wonderful funders. You can also order (and pay for) commercial, professionally printed books (details to come).
- Interactive app: (requires constant internet) for children to get the most out of the interactive app, they need to be very familiar with the story. After that, they can engage with just a few pages of the app at a time.
Desperately seeking feedback
Thanks for test-driving our Early Childhood Defence Program project resources.
We desperately need feedback so that we can:
- improve our resources,
- let our funders know if the resources are effective, or need improving, and
- apply for further funding to produce more resources to support children and families.
This survey should only take about 5 minutes. We really appreciate your time.
Other books in this series
Explore other resources:
- educator’s and family worker resources
- parent’s resources
- Auslan Key Word Signing resources (for those with disability or language delays, or those wanting to learn Auslan Keyword Signing)
- educator, parent and family/social worker module topics
- academic and policymaker resources
- eBooks, digital interactives and activity books list and age groups
- when a parent has given their health
- when a parent gives their physical health in service
Please like us on Facebook https://fb.me/ecdefenceprograms
Please click on the icon to see our Tweets @ DefenceEC