Due to limited funding, we rely on volunteers to assist us with tasks as a non-profit community group.
What does the project team do?
Our volunteers make an enormous difference in our work to provide free resources for potentially vulnerable children from Defence, Veteran, First Responder and Remote Worker families. We also create free resources to assist their parents, educators and support workers to better assist them in building resilience to survive and thrive in these families.
We work with many Australian and Canadian partners who work together to improve the lives of children in these families. Please look at our free, research-based award-winning storybooks, interactives, and multimedia online learning modules.
The ‘Children’s Literature project’ as part of the broader Children’s Framily Resilience Programs project, was the joint winner of the 2022 ‘Distinctive Work’ prize from the Council for Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (CHASS). ‘The jury commended the work for its significant contribution to supporting children and their families and your innovative, creative methods used in doing so’.
What do your volunteers do?
Our volunteers all do remote work from different locations.
We need assistance with tasks such as:
- drafting and editing minutes from recordings and transcriptions
- drafting social media posts
- drafting website and learning material content from meeting recordings, transcriptions and notes
- creating contact lists from web searches
- other tasks based on your interests and strengths
- other administrative tasks
What’s in it for me?
Volunteers have the opportunity to:
- be part of an award-winning project
- learn new skills
- work with different people
- improve their confidence
- make a difference for children and families
- be acknowledged on our volunteers’ webpage
- get a reference (if needed) for work or awards (e.g., the New England Award)
What do I need to do to apply?
Please do the following:
- Ensure you have a Working with Children Check (or whatever is equivalent in your home state or territory). These are free for volunteers. You will not be working directly with children, but we are working on a project for children.
- Fill in the form below, and we will reply when we can.
If you are accepted, you will also need to fill in our Talent Release Form.