This is a rough guide to the age groups covered in the eBook stories. Ideas of how to adapt books to different age groups are given. Remember, older children can read younger books like they would a school reader.
This recording explains the different options to use. Some are much better than others to start with so the children get the most out of the stories and to ensure the children engage from the start.
1. Start with the PDF to get to know the story.
2. Print out the book if you would prefer a printed version. This can be done yourself or via the commercial print option.
3. Enjoy listening to different readers in the audio and videoread-along versions for each book.
4. Enjoy some of the educational activities related to the books. You can find these in the downloadable and printable PDFs in each book tile, and in the other sections below.
5. Try out some of the Key Word Signs for each book, even if it is only the title of the book. Signing improves all children’s language learning.
6. Finally, for those books with an interactive version, start with 5-10 pages at a time (depending on their interest and age) to enjoy the activities. Use the menu to move onto new sections of the interactive each time you return.